Summers are custom made for vacations! Aren’t they? Are you bored of those stereotype vacation destinations? Well, then here are 5 off beat destinations for you to discover this summer.
1. Cliff Jumping in Rishikesh – Rafting in Rishikesh is cliché. Try cliff jumping for a real adrenaline rush. Jump off a 20-25 ft gorge into the chilly waters of the holy Ganga; wash off your sins in a plunge like never before.
2. Climb a mountain – quite literally! At the foothills of Shivalik lies the quaint town of Kasauli. Fairly un commercial compared to its neighbouring counterparts, there are a plethora of hiking trails you can explore. The more adventurous can choose to trek up any one of the mountains on Old Kasauli Road and then see what you find on top (most likely a bunch of hungry monkeys)!
3. Fishing in Kerala’s Backwaters – If you are travelling to Kerala on holiday, you will most likely end up in Alleppey or Kumarakaon. While you are admiring Kerala’s backwaters from your houseboat, be resourceful and catch your own fish for dinner. You can have your cook on board cook it right in front of your eyes. Now that makes for a dinner you will never forget!
4. Ride an ATV down Solang Valley – A short drive away from Manali lies picturesque Solang Valley, a must for adventure aficionados. Forget skiing, ride one of the many ATVs there, for an experience of a lifetime. You are sure to turn heads while you are driving on the road!
5. Hiking in Anshi national park - Escape from the crowds and head down to Anshi National Park, a short drive from Karwar in the state of Karnataka. Park your car and head for the woods; enjoy the sights and sounds of nature far away from your mundane city life.